Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The Secret to Photography...

The secret is to take as many photos as you can: practice, practice practice! I also found that most shots are better off without using the flash, which totally changes the mood of the shot, adding a jarring brightness that's not naturally there.

Only problem is, when you're working in low-light situations, the shutter needs to be open longer, and the image is subject to the movement of your hands. I wish I had a tripod, but I'll have to do without for now. Here's a recent shot:

3 Comments:

Blogger Hector said...

What a beutiful picture of the flowers- I see you have a real eye for nature

-Nika

June 17, 2004 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Hector said...

Thanks a lot! =) I've read about how the colors "red" and "yellow" tend to dominate an image, while greens and blues recede into the background. Lately, I've been looking to illustrate this effect. By the way, make sure you use the "anonymous" username when posting from our PC.

-H.

June 18, 2004 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Khemeka Beckford said...

Well Nika it would help if you didn't give it away by using N- It would also help if you didn't compliment yourself each time as well. We all have come to grips that you are a knockout. OK! Anyway Hector, I think this photo is great and you are right, some photos do not need flash. Photos such as this do not need flash since it is outside but this shot is really beautiful. I puts me in a place that seems so tranquil and soothing.

June 18, 2004 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home